Re: Looks like OpenGL may be up for grabs

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Christopher schrieb:

> It appears that Andre Bleau is no longer subscribed to the cygwin-apps
> mailing list.  Andre, if you're out there, please indicate your
> willingness to continue to support OpenGL, otherwise it will be availale
> for another package maintainer soon.

Huh, he replied to my freeglut ITP three weeks ago:
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:42:28 -0400

Gerrit

Lets clarify a few points:

1- I am willing to continue to maintain the OpenGL package. This means that I am willing to monitor the cygwin and cygwin-apps mailing list closely and answer messages about the OpenGL package.

2- I am not subscribed to cygwin or cygwin-apps. I am subscribed to cygwin-allow and cygwin-apps-allow. I'm reading the archives of cygwin and cygwin-apps several times a day, 5 days a week.

3- IMHO, almost every body should do the same. Hotmail subscribers and the like must use a browser to read mail anyway; why not use it to read the archives? Being NOT subscribed has many advantages:

A- The archives are updated about 5-10 sec after you send a message.

B- Your mail box is not clogged if you cannot access it for a week.

C- If you're an idiot, you don't need to be taught how to setup a filter to redirect cygwin-related message to some specific folder.

D- Less work for the mailing list processor at Red Hat.

E- The archives have a search engine and Google is at your fingertips in your browser; so no excuse for not searching before posting.
F- If you're an idiot, you don't need to be taught how follow trivial instructions about how to unsubscribe.