Re: opengl maintainer please fix your package to not create subdirectories in /usr/bin

Christopher Faylor wrote:

So, crossing the street when it says "Don't Walk" is ok since you saw
somebody do it just the other day?

cgf

OK, but where is that "Don't Walk" sign posted? As I did not see it, maybe I've overlooked something else...
And:

The subject says it all.  Please don't create subdirectories in /usr/bin
with the one historical exception of the X11 directory.

cgf

1- Suggestion for locating application-specific directories, please? /usr/sbin seems a good candidate to me, as there are alreay some subdirectories for awk, gnuplot, emacs... But maybe there is another low-visibility "Don't Walk" sign over there...
2- Does it need to be done ASAP or can I wait for the next release?

Regards,

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer.

Please address all questions and problem reports about Cygwin's OpenGL package to cygwin at cygwin dot com .