Re: [ITP] re2c (2nd try)

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Hello Max,
>

>>> This should work now, with lndir or without lndir.
>
>> Umm... did you actually try your source package?
>
>> 1. lnconf.sh is not in it.
>
>> 2. You are using lnconf.sh incorrectly, such that even if I fetch a
>> copy of it, the build still fails.
>

> Hmmpf.  You're right, lnconf.sh doesn't work for me as I expect it to
> work, I changed it.  And it is not included...
>
> I'm sorry.
>
> Another try (you'll need just to fetch 'my' lnconf.sh to run the build):
> http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/re2c/lnconf.sh
>
> Complete updated package:
> http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/re2c/setup.hint
> http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/re2c/re2c-0.9.1-1.tar.bz2
> http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/re2c/re2c-0.9.1-1-src.tar.bz2

The package does build now, but I think it would be best to follow Igor's comments about lnconf.sh. The package should not unpack
files to /usr/src that do not contain the package's name and version, to guarantee that they will not conflict with other packages.

It would be useful to put note in the README, explaining why many files in the bootstrap directory have been patched. Also, I see
that "uchar" has been changed to "char" in scanner.re and files created from it - it would be good to change the examples too, if
this change is a required one.

Max.