Re: A new method of storing package data base information, proposingpackages, and announcing updates

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Daniel Reed wrote:

> On 2004-05-04T09:33-0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> ) On Mon, 3 May 2004, Daniel Reed wrote:
> ) > Creating an initial ticket:
> ) >  Go to http://example.com/package-maint/, fill out form with information
> ) > and email address. ALTERNATIVELY: Send new-style setup.hint to
> ) > <package-maint@example.com>.
> ) Also, maybe the above address should be
> ) <cygwin-maint@example.com> (or <cygwin-package-maint@example.com>)...
>
> Well, example.com would be cygwin.com :)
>
> I didn't want to provide plausible addresses in the event someone
> scanning through just picked the addresses and started using them.

Dan, I realized that (even though it probably wasn't apparent from my
message).  However, cygwin.com a.k.a. sources.redhat.com a.k.a.
gcc.gnu.org, and it hosts much more than just cygwin lists (e.g., gcc).
So, to avoid any potential confusion, the above still stands.

> As to restricting to cygwin-apps subscribers, I'd have to look into
> that. (I don't have access to the subscriber list with my user account.)

FWIW, if you implement Chris January's suggestion of monitoring the
cygwin-apps list, the subscription information could be found in the
"X-IsSubscribed:" header (once CGF turns it on for the cygwin-apps list,
and except when people munge their "From:" addresses and the like)...
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu