Re: Do I need XFree86 now that XOrg-x11 is the default X-windowingsystem? (fwd)

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

pechtcha wrote:

Harold,

I really hate to say this, but "I told you so"... :-D

Yeah, this name change business is a bit of a pain. I hope that this whole X11 feud gets resolved eventually, so people can get back to harmony and cooperation rather then wasting energy and resources on maintaining separate forks.

What are you talking about? David Dawes is having a good time working on XFree86 by himself and everyone else is working on the X.Org project; I don't see any energy being wasted at all.

Reason this is on-topic: The name change didn't really matter since I waited to do it until a full release was made, at which point everyone would have to re-download all packages anyway.

Okay, that's all the education about the X world that is on-topic for this list.

Harold