Re: Ready for test coreutils-5.2.0-1 [again]

Here's what's changed since my last packaging attempt:

1) The following files are deleted from the distribution:
usr/bin/uptime.exe
usr/bin/kill.exe
usr/share/man/man1/uptime.1.gz
usr/share/man/man1/kill.1.gz

2) Fileutils patches have been included.

Package is available at the same location:

http://blackburn.homeip.net/cygwin-packages/release/coreutils/coreutils-5.2.0-1-src.tar.bz2

http://blackburn.homeip.net/cygwin-packages/release/coreutils/coreutils-5.2.0-1.tar.bz2

I have a suggestion for how to deal with the "old" fileutils/textutils/etc. Provide "empty" versions of the packages this replaces, bumping each by 1 revision. This way, it should "uninstall" the old stuff before installing the new stuff. At least, it worked for Jan when the new teTeX packages were made. Also, IIRC, some of the packages were linked against libbinmode.a to prevent problems with CR/LF. I wonder if this ought to be libautomode?

Also, our /bin/sh is pretty much braindead (no job control, amoungst other things) since it was decided that shaving 50k off of ash is worth not having a POSIX compliant version. Subsequently, the nohup script will not work with /bin/sh (ash), so it is necessary to force it to use bash instead. See the following scripts from mknetrel to see what needs to be done pre/post config & build:
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/mknetrel/extra/fileutils?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=cygwin-apps
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/mknetrel/extra/sh-utils?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=cygwin-apps
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/mknetrel/extra/textutils?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=cygwin-apps

Note that it is easier to just to pass -L/usr/lib -lbinmode to LDFLAGS instead of bothering with printing gcc's search path.

Finally, this is kinda picky, but why not use bzip2 instead of gzip for the manpages?

Cheers,
Nicholas