Re: Heads-up: postinstall scripts and PATH (Attn all package maintainers)

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

[snip]

XFree86-f*.sh: umount, cygpath, mount
	Note: the above script should also check that the directory is
	already mounted in the correct mode instead of unmounting and
	remounting it all the time.
XFree86-lib.sh: mkdir, test?, tar, rm, ln
XFree86-prog.sh: touch, ln
XFree86-xserv.sh: ln

All should be fixed now. Be aware that only the -prog package had its version bumped. I did not bump the version on all packages since the changes were such that if the packages were successfully installed, then the changes did not matter; also, these packages (particularly the fonts) were huge so it is worth not forcing people to download 20 MB to get 100 bytes of minor changes.

fontconfig.sh: dirname, basename, diff, cp, mkdir
	Note: this one also uses bash syntax.  Moreover, it requires things
	like "diff" and "dirname"/"basename" to run, but neither "diffutils"
	nor "sh-utils" are in the "requires" clause of "fontconfig".

fontconfig-2.2.0-2 was released and should address all of these issues.

Thanks for notifying me of these issues Igor, I appreciate it.

Harold