Re: HEADSUP: Apache maintainer wanted!

Stipe Tolj wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen wrote:>
>
> > The apache package is without maintainer for two weeks now.  The former
> > maintainer wasn't able to update the apache package and its related
> > mod_FOO packages since October, when the last call for update of packages
> > were made, which still haven't updated to using OpenSSL 0.9.7 instead
> > of 0.9.6.
> >
> > So, what we need are one or more people who are willing to take over
> > maintainership of apache and the mod_FOO packages
> >
> > WITHIN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS.
> >
> > If nobody takes over, the apache and subsequent packages will be
> > removed from the Cygwin distribution on 2004-02-03.
>
> believe it or not. Things _have_ been finished on my local laptop.
> Unfortunatly too busy to push it out of the door.
>
> Some people need kicks to the ass. Ok, Corina, you give them, that's
> your "job". Things are coming, decide if you want them or not. I
> consider myself yet as the one "responsible" for apache and I am sorry
> for not having that much time to offer for cygwin as you have as a
> full time job on it.

I've been following this for a while now, as I've been patiently waiting
for new Apache and php modules.  So, if Stipe can push out a new release
soon, then great, he should remain maintainer.  However, if it looks
like it's just not happening or the packages are at risk of being
removed, then I officially volunteer to maintain apache, mod_php4, and
mod_ssl.  I'm also willing to maintain mod_dav, mod_auth_ntsec, and
mod_auth_mysql but I must confess that  I don't have a lot of experience
using those modules, so if there's anyone else out there with a pet need
for these, then I suggest they'd make a better maintainer.

I don't want to step on any toes here, my only desire is to see fresh
packages.  I've also seen mention of MySQL recently being able to
compile cleanly, and I think it would be most excellent to have CAMP
(Cygwin/Apache/MySQL/PHP) available and supported through setup.exe.

Brian