Re: Catch-up

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

> Daniel Reed wrote:
> >
> > I believe I am all caught up from this past week's posts. A PPL will go
> > out as scheduled on Tuesday (the day before LinuxWorld*).
> >
> > It looks like while I was out gtypist and perl-libwin32 fulfilled all of
> > their requirements, so unless anyone sends me a note asking otherwise, I
> > am going to upload those packages tonight.
>
> Well, as much as I'd like to see gtypist get out the door, there is one
> technicality:  it requires the help2man package (whose ITP is still
> pending with 2 votes) in order to build.  It is not a runtime
> requirement, however.  Otherwise, it's been given a good to go already.
>
> Based on this, I'll let you decide how to proceed, just let me know when
> it does get posted so that I can send an announcement.  Thanks!
>

> Yaakov

Yaakov,

To avoid getting held up with this package, I suggest the following course
of action.  If gtypist can use the help2man perl script that's already
included in a few source packages, why not package that until the
standalone help2man package becomes available?  Once that gets approved,
you can release a new subversion of gtypist that doesn't include the
help2man script...

Of course, if gtypist requires a more sophisticated version of help2man,
please disregard the above.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/