Re: Pending Packages List, 2004-01-06

Hallo Daniel,

Am Dienstag, 6. Januar 2004 um 18:00 schriebst du:

> This is the list of pending packages as of Tuesday, January  6, 2004.

[...]

> Problems can be addressed either by announcing an updated version or explaining
> why the problem is not an issue.

>                             =======================
>                              Pending Packages List
>                             =======================

> Waiting for review: ploticus sgrep otcl tclcl rdesktop cabextract
> joe rxp dx GraphicsMagick emacro gtypist dhcp ccrypt
> xemacs-mule-sumo xemacs-sumo xemacs tree elinks openldap sgml-base

Review done: cabextract, joe, gtypist

> Waiting for vote[s]: ploticus otcl tclcl rxp dx GraphicsMagick
> emacro gtypist elinks libwin32-perl openldap (GAP) (ns)

Additional votes: I vote for gtypist and for openldap.

libwin32 has enough votes IIRC.

> With unresolved problems: rdesktop joe dx ccrypt elinks libwin32-perl

Seems that joe was already reviewed?

Review notes following inline.

1.
> Package: cabextract 0.6-1  [2003-11-11]
>    Proposer: Jari Aalto
>    Proposal: mailto:cygwin-apps-thread.12061@cygwin.com
> http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/cabextract-0.6-1.tar.bz2
> http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/cabextract-0.6-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/setup.hint
>    HOLD-UPS: No "good to go" review.

Binary package is ok.

Source package: The supplied script doesn't work as advertised:

$ ./cygbuild-0.6-1.sh all
-- cygbuild.sh 2003-11-11 1.220 http://cygbuild.sourceforge.net/
-- Wait, examining environment and preparing variables
./cygbuild-0.6-1.sh: line 491: [: -eq: unary operator expected
-- Extracting /jari/cabextract-0.6.tar.gz
-- Making Cygwin directories under /jari/cabextract-0.6
./cygbuild-0.6-1.sh.CygbuildApplyPatch: [WARN] No cygwin specific path src_patch [/jari/cabextract-0.6-.patch]
[...]
./cygbuild-0.6-1.sh.CygbuildCygDirCheck: [ERROR] no /jari/cabextract-0.6/.inst/usr/share/doc/Cygwin.  Did forget to run [files] before [install]?

The patch is not found, the name is wrong.
configure runs in the source directory, not in the .build directory.
More errors.
Cannot rebuild the package.

2.
> Package: joe 2.9.8-1  [2003-11-11]
>    Proposer: Jari Aalto
>    Proposal: mailto:cygwin-apps-thread.12060@cygwin.com
> http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/joe/joe-2.9.8-1.tar.bz2
> http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/joe/joe-2.9.8-1-src.tar.bz2
>              http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/joe/setup.hint
>    Problems: 21943835id2597869 usr/doc should be usr/share/doc; usr/man should be usr/share/man
>    HOLD-UPS: Unresolved problems. No "good to go" review.

Binary package doesn't fit into the new doc files layout (usr/doc/
instead of usr/share/doc/ paths).
I do also prefer /etc/joe/... as path for the several config files
instead of /etc in my own Joe (Goe;) builds but this is not s
showstopper, also no showstoipper that the default config files are
written directly to /etc/ as already discussed before, the user may
always use her own config file in her home directory which overrule.

Source package:
According to the README:
Build instructions:
  unpack joe-2.8-1-src.tar.bz2
    if you use setup to install this src package, it will be
         unpacked under /usr/src automatically
  cd /usr/src
  ./cygbuild.sh all

What happens is this
$ ./cygbuild-2.9.8-1.sh all
-- cygbuild.sh 1.162 http://cygbuild.sourceforge.net/
-- Wait, examining environment and preparing variables
./cygbuild-2.9.8-1.sh: line 276: [: -eq: unary operator expected
./cygbuild-2.9.8-1.sh.CygbuildMain: [ERROR] -r RELEASE option must be given.
./cygbuild-2.9.8-1.sh.CygbuildMain: [ERROR] See also -f SRC-FILE.tar.gz

3.
> Package: gtypist 2.7-1  [2003-12-09]
>    Proposer: Yaakov Selkowitz
>    Proposal: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-12/msg00127.html
>            Release directory (for use with setup.exe):
>              http://mysite.verizon.net/yselkowitz/cygwin/
> http://mysite.verizon.net/yselkowitz/cygwin/release/gtypist/gtypist-2.7-1.tar.bz2
> http://mysite.verizon.net/yselkowitz/cygwin/release/gtypist/gtypist-2.7-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://mysite.verizon.net/yselkowitz/cygwin/release/gtypist/setup.hint
>   Aye votes: Igor Pechtchanski [1/3]
>              Dean Scarff [2/3]
>    HOLD-UPS: Not enough votes (need 1 more). No "good to go" review.

Binary package:

Postinstall out of date, use _update_info_dir package as requirement
in setup.hint.

$ cat etc/postinstall/gtypist.sh
#!/bin/sh
prefix=/usr
infodir=${prefix}/share/info
cd ${infodir}
for fn in gtypist.info ; do
  install-info --dir-file=./dir --info-file=${fn}
done

I don't know if this path is correct, I use joe or vi, never emacs:
  /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gtypist-mode.el
  /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/gtypist-mode.elc

Source package:
configure out of the source directory results in this error:
cat: version.sh: No such file or directory

Besides that the script works a the binary & source package are
created.

4.
> Package: tree 1.4-1  [2003-12-18]
>    Proposer: Stipe Tolj
>    Proposal: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-12/msg00264.html
> http://cygwin.dev.wapme.net/packages/tolj/cygwin/release/tree/tree-1.4-1.tar.bz2
> http://cygwin.dev.wapme.net/packages/tolj/cygwin/release/tree/tree-1.4-1-src.tar.bz2
> http://cygwin.dev.wapme.net/packages/tolj/cygwin/release/tree/setup.hint
>    HOLD-UPS: No "good to go" review.

Binary package:

Manpage in usr/man, README in usr/doc/Cygwin. Binary works (just basic
testing).

Source:

Wrong paths are in the Makefile:
$ make install
install -d /usr/bin
install -d /usr/man/man1
if [ -e tree ]; then \
        install -s tree /usr/bin/tree; \
fi
install tree.1 /usr/man/man1/tree.1

The latest version seems to be 1.4b3:
ftp://mama.indstate.edu/linux/tree/tree-1.4b3.tgz
it extracts into the directory tree-1.4, is this the same version?

5.
> Package: openldap 2.1.25-1  [2004-01-02]
>    Proposer: Dr. Volker Zell
>    Proposal: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2004-01/msg00003.html
[...]
>    HOLD-UPS: Not enough votes (need 3). No "good to go" review.

No review, just my vote.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=