Re: upset and the setup.exe package server

--- Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote:

> This is cool.  I did a search on Google today for "upset Cygwin" and
> your page is the seventh result.  However, I think that the title of the
> page or the intro could be tweaked to get more people to realize that
> your page is the page that they are looking for to find out how to
> create Cygwin setup.ini files.  Given all that I know about Cygwin,
> setup.ini, upset, and packaging, a cursory view of your page caused me
> to toss it because I didn't think that it pertained to what I was
> looking for (I wanted to send Mark a link that described how to create a
> setup.ini file).  Maybe it would be a good idea to add a subtitle (The
> Cygwin Package Server: How to create a custom setup.ini file for
> Cygwin's setup.exe).

Heh. I didn't know anyone else knew about that page, but apparently it's
linked to. I've added a lot since Google indexed it, though, just
look at their cache. Your suggestion about the title was well taken, I've
changed it to "The Cygwin setup.exe Package Server" since I don't know of any
other name for the thing. I also added a sentence about setup.ini at the
beginning and some links so you don't have to scroll down to see the "custom"
part.

I do link to <http://cygwin.com/setup.html> which truly documents the setup.ini
and setup.hint files. Maybe that page would be a good place to add some
comments about upset?