From: Harold L Hunt II [mailto:huntharo@msu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 12:22 AM
To: cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
Cc: Abe Backus
Subject: Re: [Review - Not yet] libsmi

Abe,

Here are some things I did:

1) Used a standard build script.

2) Passed -no-undefined on the LDFLAGS to allow the DLL to be built.

3) Ran 'make check' to see that only 1 of the 20 test failed (the last one,
seems to be something trivial).

4) Relibtoolized the source to allow the DLL to be built.

5) Fixed mibs/Makefile.am and mibs/*/Makefile.am to allow the 'make install'
command to properly install the mibs when srcdir != builddir.

6) Updated the libsmi.README file to list proper build requirements.

7) Updated the setup.hint file to list proper run-time requirements.

8) Rolled the libsmi, libsmi-devel, and libsmi-tools packages back into one
package (this was really the default from using a generic build script).
The libsmi package was only containing the readme files and not much else
(it was around 30 KiB).  Now that we have a DLL we could change this to be:
libsmi (docs, exes, mibs, etc.), libsmi2 (contains the DLL), and
libsmi-devel (includes and link libs).  I have some previous packages that I
have done this for and I could do it for this package as well (the process
consists of copying a few lines into the build script and tweaking a few
other lines).

Here are my files:

#!/bin/bash

wget \
http://msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/release/libsmi/libsmi-0.4.1-1.tar.bz2

wget \
http://msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/release/libsmi/libsmi-0.4.1-1-src.tar.bz2

I think these changes really improve the package, but I admit that it is not
100% complete yet.  Feel free to do with these changes as you want to.

Harold