Re: [Review - Not yet] tcm

Hi Harold,

1) yes, my changes are very likely to be integrated into the original TCM distribution (most are in fact already included there).

2) I created a build script now and rebuilt the source and binary packages, available from the usual URLs (http://home.in.tum.de/~boesswet/tcm_cygwin.html)

The latest official TCM source (2.20) already contains lots of my changes (#if'ed where necessary). The reason for patch to this source is mostly to make it conform to the cygwin packaging-rules (and some general bug fixes). The reason for the huge size of the patch (400k) was, that the original source is not "clean" (because some yacc-generated files are contained in the archive that are removed by "make clean"). I changed this manually and the new patch is only 93k

BTW: The binary package has also been available from the TCM download page at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~tcm/ since January and now makes approx. 30% of all binary downloads!

Best Regards,
Daniel

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

Daniel,

I just reviewed your tcm package:

Package: tcm 2.20-1 [2003-01-27]
Proposer: Daniel Boesswetter
Proposal: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-01/msg00299.html
http://home.in.tum.de/~boesswet/tcm-2.20-1.tar.bz2
http://home.in.tum.de/~boesswet/tcm-2.20-1-src.tar.bz2
http://home.in.tum.de/~boesswet/setup.hint
Good to go: Charles Wilson (cygwin-apps-thread.11851) (once problems are addressed)
Problems: So, here's the question for the list. For the cygwin-specific README in a X-related package, where should it go? (cygwin-apps-thread.11851)
HOLD-UPS: Unresolved minor problems.

Questions/Issues

1) You have made a lot of changes. Is there any chance that these patches will be excepted into the upstream tcm package? I'm a little nervous having this many changes in place that aren't properly #if'd since the next upstream release might not have all of this stuff and the packge will become unmaintained unless you are around to get those patches adapted for the next version.

2) There is no build script. I know that packages without build scripts are still allowed, and I used to make them myself since I thought they were really tough... but now they save me so much time that I won't release a package without them and I shy away from reviewing a package that doesn't have one. If you don't want to make the script, then I could make it for you (after you tell me what you are going to do regarding all the changes in #1).

Awaiting your input,

Harold