Re: [Patch] Resizeable main window

On 16.10.2003 22:36, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
Notice in
the changes below that I'm anchoring the IDC_LISTVIEW_POS in the same
manner as IDC_URL_LIST, which should have worked, but didn't.  Do you have
an insight as to why?

Yes. The list view is created at runtime, with the ID IDC_CHOOSE_LIST. So you need to anchor that, too.

Also, I didn't see any provisions in the code for handling more than one element of a particular type (e.g., if there is more than one IDC_STATIC control). Does this mean that every control has to have a distinct resource type?

Yes. (Although the code could be changed to deal with multiple controls that have the same ID.)

The sizing stuff isn't global, it can be set per-page. Look how it's done in choose.cc.

Another thing I noticed was that when things were resized, the new sizes weren't calculated quite right. For example, when IDC_VERSION was made resizeable in the vertical dimension, and the screen was returned to the original size, the Version label still covered the text string below it.

Hmmm... I don't know what you mean, didn't notice anything like that after I made the changes you attached to the mail...

-f.r.