RE: Vote for nfs-server

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Abe Backus wrote:

> I'd like to be able to run such a script against my packages before I
> submit a request to cygwin-apps for upload :)

Perhaps a CGI script that does the preliminary checking on the packages
before letting the ITP message through to the cygwin-apps list...  We
could input a link to the reference message in the archives, too, so
threads are unbroken.  The script will check the provided binary and
source packages, and if it finds any deviations, the submitter can have an
option to send the ITP anyway or fix the package and try again.

Another thing this script could check is for duplicate files (i.e.,
clashes with other packages).  Come to think of it, it would be nice to
also have an "update" script which does much of the same for updated
packages.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/