Re: 1.5.5 package issue

William A. Hoffman wrote:

A 1.3.x cmake would be able to work with a gcc for 1.3.x or
a gcc for 1.5.x. I would suspect that there are folks out there that
have a cygwin install that has gcc that is not 1.5.x based.

There are *lots* and lots of incompatibilities using different cygwin utilities with different release dates... I think that the *only* cygwin release "meant to be somewhat supported by the mailing list" is the latest... supporting the "n!" possibilities would be crazy...

To say "older (may be) better" wuold have sense if cygwin had "unstable / stable" branch like Debian, but being a single branch either you upgrade *nothing at all* or you do upgrade everything.

Of course it's possible to want a new cmake *only* upgrading nothing else: that's what the source package is for, isn't it? ^_^

This all, IMveryHO ^_^

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)