Re: new package proposal : CLISP

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Sam Steingold wrote:

> >* Christopher Faylor <pts=U+jKnUks7nYDG0qME+NysN@choyvp.tznar.bet> [2003-09-13 19:41:02 -0400]:
> >
> > >this is a misunderstanding.  I am maintaining this package.  please do
> > >upload it.
> >
> > Your first act as a maintainer was to ask someone else to maintain the
> > package, indicating that you have "quite enough on my plate".  That
> > does not fill me with confidence.
>
> what do you want - a marriage contract?
> I have been looking for someone to make and maintain CLISP cygwin
> package for a year.  now I am doing it myself.  I am still looking for
> someone to take over.  so?

Sam,

I don't see how having a separate maintainer for the Cygwin version of
CLISP makes your task any easier.  All the patches will still go to you
(as an upstream maintainer), as will most of the bug reports.  If you're
the Cygwin maintainer, you won't have to worry about notifying the Cygwin
maintainer of new releases, etc.  In fact, you don't even have to maintain
a separate set of Cygwin patches (if you include the CYGWIN-PATCHES
directory in the main repository).  All in all, if I were an author of a
package, I'd choose to maintain it myself...  This is all IMO, of course.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu