Re: Anybody willing to take over bash maintainership?

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 12:46:08PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 12:41:19PM +0200, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> > I'd be happy to help, and I do use Bash on a daily basis :)
>
> Cool!  Thanks for the offer.
>
>> However, you might have to walk me through your patches a bit, because I'm
>> not at all familiar with Bash' codebase..
> Me neither.  In the past I just poked the code with a stick until it
> stopped being grouchy.
OK.. I like a good challenge ;)

> Actually, I never put bash in my local cvs repository so I don't have
> a history of the changes, unfortunately.  It might be a bit of work
> to figure them out.  The history of cygwin-announce might be a help.
> We can discuss this off-list.
OK. I've downloaded the Bash sources (Cygwin & canonical) to compare them..
I'll mail you off-list shortly.

rlc

--
I have gained this by philosophy:
that I do without being commanded what others do only from fear of the law.