Re: [ITP] gmp-4.1.2-1

Lapo Luchini wrote:

Charles Wilson wrote:

GPL. not LGPL.

I insist... (or is it the wrong URL? but it surely "seems official)

$ wget -O - -o /dev/null "http://www.swox.com/gmp/"; | grep GPL

I'm sorry; you are correct. I saw the COPYING file, and read it -- it is the GPL. I completely missed the COPYING.LIB file (LGPL) and the fact that all of the libraries refer to COPYING.LIB, not COPYING.

Only the demo applications are GPL. Sorry for the noise.

which is part of the 6th paragraph:
GMP is distributed under the GNU LGPL <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html>. This license makes the library free to use, share, and improve, and allows you to pass on the result. The license gives freedoms, but also sets firm restrictions on the use with non-free programs.

I don't know if the C++ library will be all that simple to build dynamically. You might choose to pass on that one; which is why I asked.

I'll try... after I solve the problem with "as" saying that an assertion falied ^_^

Urk.

--
Chuck