RE: readshortcut app for cygutils

Hi Chuck,

> About the app itself: I think it should provide the result in either
> unix format (-u/--unix) or windows format (-w/--windows), without
> requiring cygpath.exe -- instead, use the cygwin functions
> cygwin_conv_to_posix_path() and cygwin_conv_to_win32_path().

I don't think so. Look at the code of cygpath and you'll see that these two
functions are only one half of the functionality. If Rob has to provide -w
someone will ask for absolute paths or short names, etc. So better have
a posixish tool and use cygpath for general conversion.

Just my 2c (Cygpath contributor).

Regards,
Jörg