Re: 1.5.x goes current on 2003-08-23?

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 11:59:56PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Am Samstag, 2. August 2003 um 17:23 schriebst du:

I am still unable to build Perl and I haven't found the problem yet.
I'm seeking for volunteers to help tracking down this problem.

I'm sorry but I don't find inability to build things to be an obstacle to release. We can always release a new version of cygwin if it really is a problem.

The only obstacles I can think of is if some important DLL or library
wasn't yet ported to 1.5.1 or if some existing program was misbehaving.

cgf

For what it's worth I have been unable to run the latest release of Perl (5.8.0-3) under WinME, but it seems to work fine under Win2k. The problem I see is the dll's as distributed under cygwin-multi-64 directory with that release cause errors when trying to run the CPAN utility (perl -MCPAN -e shell). I am unable to install anything out of the CPAN archive in that way. I just get pop-up boxes saying 'error in <some>.dll' and then the system hangs or crashes randomly after that, but it doesn't crash unless I run Perl 5.8.0-3 first. Yes I'd love to trade in my ME for a real OS, but for now I'm just stuck reverting back to Perl 5.6.1-2 until things settle down with the new 1.5.x version.

8*}