Re: ask-2.5.0 - a new package for review

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 10:21:18PM +0100, Max Bowsher wrote:
>Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Max Bowsher wrote:

>>>Before you ITP any more packages, you should address the fact that
>>>cygbuild has been vetoed, and therefore, since all your packages use
>>>it, they are blocked until this issue is solved.
>>
>>Not necessarily.  But, you realize Max that neither
>>generic-build-script nor mknetrel are available as "packages" either?
>>So IMO it doesn't really matter that cygbuild isn't an official
>>package, as long as it is available somewhere...
>
>I could have misinterpreted cgf's veto.  I'm not entirely sure whether
>he was vetoing the package, or the use of yet another build system.

I was vetoing the package for inclusion in cygwin.  I was actually
nodding my head when I read your objection to packages being submitted
which use cygbuild, but Chuck is right.  Since there is no official
package in the distribution, it would be inconsistent to block a package
because it uses a build system not in the distribution.

So, IMO, there's no reason to block packages which use diverse build
systems as long as the build system itself is available somewhere.

cgf