Re: ask-2.5.0 - a new package for review

Max Bowsher wrote:

Jari Aalto+mail.linux wrote:

(a Debian) Python Project http://www.paganini.net/ask/ has bee
ported. Please review.

http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/ask/ask-2.5.0-1-src.tar.bz2
http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/ask/ask-2.5.0-1.tar.bz2

Before you ITP any more packages, you should address the fact that cygbuild
has been vetoed, and therefore, since all your packages use it, they are
blocked until this issue is solved.

Not necessarily. But, you realize Max that neither generic-build-script nor mknetrel are available as "packages" either? So IMO it doesn't really matter that cygbuild isn't an official package, as long as it is available somewhere...

I strongly suspect that patches to incrementally enhance generic-build-script will be welcomed. The objection is that you are trying to introduce yet another packaging method into an already too-diverse landscape.

True, enhancements always welcome. There's one thing I don't want to do, though: I don't want to turn gbs into an assembly of fragments (e.g. provide a customized "build()" function but use the default for everything else, and automatically "assemble" those fragments into a distributable build script.)

If that's the kind of thing you're looking for, then mknetrel is more suited.

--Chuck