Re: unison 2.9.45 - new package for review

Jari Aalto+list.cygwin-apps wrote:
> Unison is ready for review. It's GPL. Homepage at
> <http://freshmeat.net/projects/unison> The "make install" script makes
> a backup of last unison version, that's why there are two .exe files
> in the listing.

This is stupid. There is no reason at all to install 2 copies of the same
file.
It is unnecessary bloat.

Also, I strongly question the wisdom of packaging an unreleased version of
Unison, *especially* since Unison requires exact version equality on the 2
sides of a link.

The 2.9.45 source isn't even available from the unison site any more, as the
latest snapshot has changed.

> The source cannot be compiled wthout OCaml compiler, see
> usr/doc/Cygwin/unison-2.9.45.README.

> + setup.hint
> @ unison
> sdesc: "Two way file synchronizing tool. Like rsync(1)"

I think the rsync(1) man-section notation is probably unneccessary clutter
in this scenario.

Max.