Re: astksh review

On Wed, 14 May 2003 09:51:24 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 07:41:01AM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> > Karsten wrote:
> > > Here we go.
> > > You don't need anything else.
> >
> > [After that: a short, ~90 lines build report was printed on my screen]
> >
> > > I hope I could give some insight. Some things looked like black
magic to
> > > me at first, too, two years ago.
> >
> > Wow, I had similar experience when building libsfio the first time.
> > This should really be included in a /usr/docs/Cygwin/ast-ksh.README
> > file for interested individuals.
>
> I agree.  Another point is that ksh is obviously clashing with pdksh.
> pdksh is creating a ksh symlink which is overwritten by the ATT ksh now.
>
> Is that what we want?  Shouldn't `ksh' stay a symlink which points to
> the executable one actually wants to use?
>
> Just asking...
>
> Corinna

Sorry I missed this (my backlog is HUGE! :-)

I created the ksh symlink so users wouldn't have to edit their shebang
lines to point to `/bin/pdksh' but now we have the proper ksh (available)
I suppose I could get rid of it. What's the feeling?

We could do one of

  1. Remove the ksh symlink from the pdksh package.
  2. Rename ksh.exe (in astksh) to astksh.exe and have a ksh symlink to
     astksh.exe
  3. Maybe only two options. :-)

these?

Elfyn