Re: ITP: ProFTPD

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 08:58:17AM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
> >     #User                SYSTEM
> >     #Group               Administrators
> >
> > which I think is a little more self-documenting and are the compiled in
> > defaults anyway.
> >
> > > Or create a proftpd-install script in /usr/bin which allows
> > > interactive settings as in e. g. ssh-host-config.
> >
> > Unfortunately, Cygwin proftpd only functions correctly when run under
> > SYSTEM and Administrators, so the above is moot.
>
> It isn't.  The problem is that the Administrators group has different
> names in different local Windows variants.  While SYSTEM is not
> translated, the Administrators group is.  E. g. in a german system
> it's called "Administratoren" (note the different plural form).
>
> Therefore it makes sense to use numerical values.
>
> Corinna

Corinna,

FWIW, you could simply insert a comment right above those lines saying
something like "Note that the user and group names below are English names
and may need to be translated for use on localized Windows.  Numerical
values, i.e., 18 for SYSTEM and 544 for Administrators, may also be used
instead."
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II