Re: proposal: imap, imap-server, and imap-util

*** Abraham Backus (abraham@backus.com) wrote today:

:) Which sounds better to you guys?
:) a) the default (only allow plaintext passwords via ssl)
:) b) build allowing plaintext passwords regardless of whether ssl is used
:) c) build two sets of binaries

What about SSLTYPE=unix, which allows both a) and b) in one binary? (that
means in IMAP lingo that the "LOGIN" command is always enabled, as opposed
to a) which only allows this command under ssl or tls, or b) which, well,
it's just an insecure server)

Also, a thought in the air. I know nothing about kerberos, but that may
seem like something some people may be interested in having in their mail
server. Maybe it would be something to think about adding? Just a thought.

(by the way, Abraham, you've done a great job. I apologize if my feedback
sounds negative, I hope I'm not being an annoying devil's advocate).

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/