Re: ctags 5.5

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 09:20:43AM +1200, Simon Liddington wrote:
>  Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >But I found that this only happens with Cygwin from CVS, not in 1.3.22.
> >So it's apparently a Cygwin bug.
>
> Sounds like a bug in regex. Has regex been updated under CVS?

See Max' posting.

> Actually you're right, you can add a particular file but that has to
> have an explicit path. From looking at the code it depends on whether it
>  is using msdos style paths (MSDOS_STYLE_PATH macro). In 5.2 this is
> set if compilation is on cygwin but is not for 5.5, Darren changed it
> for some reason. Seems right the new way round to me, but a comment in
> the README for the package would probably be a good idea.

Just keep it as you have it now.

> >Btw., you should remove the empty /etc/postinstall dir from the binary
> >package.
>
> OK, I'll make a new package with the config file comment in the README too.

Another btw.:  Btw., I built with --with-posix-regex.  Do you do the
same or is that option even useless because Cygwin's regex functions
are always POSIX...  I don't know exactly.  I'd just like you to check
and then come up with either decision you're fine with.

As soon as you send URLs to your new release, I'll upload it.

Thanks,

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.