Re: Create a cygwin-setup mailing list?

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 10:51, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> You could make the same argument about cygwin-developers and cygwin,
> though.  Or even cygwin-patches and cygwin.

I disagree that the same argument can be made in either case. cygwin
users have no responsibilities within the project. Certainly, those
users that track cygwin-developers will have a better idea of whats
going on, but we don't care whether they have that idea or not. Package
maintainers, are *meant* to track things such as setup.exe capabilities,
and Cygwin API or behavioural changes (i.e. ntsec defaults) in order to
carry out their package maintenance duties.

Like I said though: I don't care. I'm not voting either way. I've said
my 2c.

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.