Re: setup.exe troubleshooting snapshot

Max Bowsher wrote:

> I had a question which I never asked:
> If the users Primary Group is NOT None/Domain Users, presumably it is set
> that way for a reason - should we change it?

That's the conservative attitude I took at first. However I now realize
it doesn't help at all in the case of setup. We want the files to have
a group that is already in the ACL (determined by Windows based on the
local policies).
This is different from the normal case where users change their
gid so that files they create with Cygwin will have that gid in their ACL.

> > Can you update that patch to apply to the setup-200303-troubleshooting
> > branch?
>
> To Robert:
>
> What is the eventual fate of this branch?

I can do that tonight EST but it would be simpler if you send me the original
of the file you want to patch. Otherwise I will need to pull my cvs manual
and figure out how to get it.

Pierre