Re: Patched doc/setup-net.sgml

--- "Pierre A. Humblet" <Pierre dot Humblet at ieee dot org> wrote:
> Thanks Joshua. Here are three comments
>
> The Root Directory for Cygwin (default C:\cygwin) will become '/' within
> your Cygwin installation.
> ***
> Perhaps add that you must have write access to the parent directory (here

OK, I'll add this.

> All Windows drives can be accessed with the /cygdrive/X/ virtual directory
> and Cygwin's mount utility.
> ****
> That's not setup related. Delete?

I thought that it might help people visualize what '/' is. But it probably
is just confusing.

> ****
> The Install For options of All Users or Just Me are especially for
> multiuser systems or Domain users. If you have a single-user workstation,
> this option probably does not concern you. If you are seeking to rollout
> Cygwin on a large Domain, you will want to think carefully about the
> implications of each type and possibly consult the Cygwin mailing list
> archives about others' experiences.
> ****
> This option is mysterious and the explanation above does not give any food
> for thought in "think carefully about the implications". Is it about the
> mounts in the registry? Anything else?
> Given that the daemons use the system mounts, wouldn't it be a good idea to
> set them?

Well, a lot of the problem is probably that it is somewhat mysterious to
me as well. The way I see it, everyone should use "All Users" unless they
don't have local Administrators privlidge, right?
I think what I'm trying to tell people is if they want that kind of rollout
they should read and understand the ntsec stuff. Hmm. Why don't I just say
that?