Re: librsync in setup

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 02:54, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Several points:
>
> 1) In 5 of the 6, *.input directories, there is a spurious extra copy of the
> directory inside itself. I've checked with librsync cvs - these directories
> have never existed upstream.
>
> I propose to cvs remove these.

Please do.

> 2) Is setup-rsync development active at all? librsync was not imported into
> CVS using a vendor branch

I don't grok vendor branches...

> , just checked in normally. No changes have yet
> been made.

Hmm, I thought I made changes relative to the upstream, to build cleanly
on mingw. In fact, I'm positive of that.

> If there is active development, I suggest we act now to cvs
> remove the plain-checkin librsync, and import the latest version using CVS's
> vendor branch capabilities.

What do vendor branches do that is different to a a checkin?

>  If there is no active development, I suggest we
> cvs remove librsync, and do not import it until some development begins.
> Whilst doing this, I suggest any new import be made under a 'librsync' dir,
> not 'rsync'.

I'm not to worried about the directory name. Don't forget to update
/configure.in and /Makefile.am if you rename the directory.

I'm not actively developing the rsync capability. It was one of those
things where I thought that removing the greatest hurdle (hacing rsync
logic available to setup) might lead to some other folk (i.e. the people
asking for the feature) to hack on it....

Rob
--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.