Re: LPRng was Re: Pending packages status

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:

Max:
> >> IMO, a simple bootstrap.sh containing the appropriate autotool
> >> commands would be better.

Earnie:
> > A source release for a binary package isn't supposed to require
> > autotools.  IIRC, this is GNU standards mandated; if not it certainly
> > is autoconf mandated.  The configure script exists for the
> > non-maintainer.

Max:
> You're right - I just hate the *huge* patches that result from this.

Maybe the maintainer can help us here. I'm not sure that he regenerated
the auto stuff. I thought that he might have done this based on the
presence of the autom4te.cache dir.

Also since there is no patch we can only guess why was the regeneration,
if any, necessary.

Btw for mc I needed to regenerate and this didn't add too much weight to
the patch.