Re: libtool error while building setup as a Cygwin app

Max Bowsher wrote:

$ cygcheck -c autoconf autoconf-devel autoconf-stable automake
automake-devel automake-stable
Cygwin Package Information
Package             Version
autoconf            2.54-1
autoconf-devel      2.57-1
autoconf-stable     2.13-4
automake            1.7.1-1
automake-devel      1.7.2-1
automake-stable     1.4p5-5

Me too. Those are the [curr] versions.

I'm really confused what could be causing this.

I hate to say this, but try removing the autotool gen'ed files and running the bootstrap script again (yes, I know this is the "try rebooting" answer). I've noticed some intermittent weirdness where the libtool script doesn't get generated properly -- but it's intermittent so I can't track it down.

Most commonly, when I see an "unable to infer tagged configuration", if I look at the actual libtool script I can see that it is improperly formed. Re-bootstrapping usually fixes it. Sigh.

--Chuck