Re: pdksh package proposal

> > Uhm... there's a problem here:  /etc/shells could be non-existant.
> > It's part of the inetutils package which is not necessarily installed.
> > If so, your script fails.
> >
> > Another problem is, that all shells are mentioned with /bin *and
/usr/bin
> > path to reduce the number of confused users (we have enough of them).
> >
> > And: Wouldn't it make sense to add [/usr]/bin/pdksh as well?
>

> O.K. Just so I'm sure before I send in a package update: I add both
> /bin/{pd,}ksh and /usr/bin/{pd,}ksh to /etc/shells (as long as the file
> exists)? If so, how come ash, bash and tcsh don't do this? Appolagies if I
> have gotten this all wrong ;-)

Ok I have re-packaged the binary tarball which checks for /etc/shells before
adding [/usr]/bin/{pd,}ksh to it. Was there anything else wrong with it that
needs to be fixed?

http://twoducks.exposure.org.uk/elfyn/cygwin/pdksh/pdksh-5.2.14-1-src.tar.bz
2
http://twoducks.exposure.org.uk/elfyn/cygwin/pdksh/pdksh-5.2.14-1.tar.bz2