RE: NFS server (final?)

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Robb, Sam wrote:

> > The other problem is still there, but this is expected. If anyone can
> > offer any hints on how to debug this problem (I'm not familiar
> > with nfsd at all) I'd be happy to help to trace it down. Btw
> > it is 100%
> > reproducible in my setup and with the suggested file sizes.
>
> I tried reproducing it last night, but I was working over a VPN,
> and it was painfully slow - copying about 4K/sec.  I'll take a
> look at it again today, now that I'm back on a local network.
>
> BTW - did you execute the test using a script, or from the command
> line?  If it was script execution, then you may have tickled a
> file descriptor caching problem (by executing a remove immediately
> after a copy).

I've done everything from the command line. And have repeated it many
times. I also thought that this may be some timeout issue and as I stated
previously, I've been waiting as long as 30 minutes between the cp
command completed and the time I've executed the rm command - still no
luck. The second command succeeds always. Maybe if you cannot reproduce
it, I will be able to arrange a shell access to my machine for you, so
that you can observe the behaviour.