Re: Serious error compiling setup

Max Bowsher wrote:

> >> DJGPP?
> >
> > ???????
>
> A DOS port of gcc. Best guess is what Chris has already said: Your g++ is
> corrupt. But you said you had reinstalled. Weird. Is there possibly another
> g++ (not Cygwin) in the PATH first?

I looked around found another gcc and such in /usr/local/mingw32crt and
/usr/local/mingw32msvc and I couldn't remember why those were there or what
they might belong to so I removed them.  They weren't in my path anyways and
even after removeing them I still couldn't compile.

[Snip]
> > configure:578: checking host system type
> > configure:599: checking target system type
> > configure:617: checking build system type
> > config.log (END)
> >
> >  Thanks for any assistance
>
> It sounds as if your system is very very messed up. I suggest totally
> removing and reinstalling Cygwin.

I removed everything having to do with development (binutils, make, gcc,
automake, autoconf, ...) And then reinstalled those and compile back
operational.  I have no idea what crapped it though.

Thanks for the help

bk