Re: Setup Prop: Change percent to underscore

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, M. Evans wrote:

> Since the responses here have been unhelpful I will just unsubscribe.

So what ?

> There is another way to solve the whole problem. Cygwin could put the
> tarballs where I tell it, not in some deeply nested %-laden path that
> changes with every download. The problem which inspired this note is
> my use of file managers to maintain an up-to-date Cygwin install
> directory. If Cygwin put things where I asked, instead of its own
> %-limbo, I wouldn't have to move these fresh downloads by hand back up
> into the release folder and manually delete outdated tarballs.

If you're so intereted in removing the directories with percent signs in
their name, then get the source, find the offending piece of code and
recode it the way you like it best.

Btw there is a script file provided by Michael Chase which can help you
automate the whole process of cleaning up instead of using some strange
file managers. See http://home.ix.netcom.com/~mchase/zip/ .

> Please spare me further responses and just take the comments into
> consideration. I'm off the list and have filtered you folks from my
> inbox for a time.

How rude!