Re: Setup Prop: Change percent to underscore

>>> The proposal is to change setup.exe to use underscores or some
>>> similarly innocuous character instead of percent signs.
>>
>> Nope. It's
>> a) perfectly valid win32 naming.
>> b) An application of the internet standard for url escaping.

> Yep. Why not contact the authors of the programs you mention and get
> them to fix their bugs.

Already done that.  I agree with you that it's legal but also think
what is legal is not always what is ethical.  It would be better for
Cygwin to play friendly with various file managers.

I am bcc'ing the authors of the two programs mentioned.

Thanks for the prompt and tart/opinionated responses.  I guess they'll
have to do!

Mark%20J.%20Evans