Re: Two versions of uptime, one in procps-010801-2 and one in sh-utils-2.0-3

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 11:56:49AM +0100, Volker Zell wrote:
>Hi
>
>There are two versions of uptime in the cygwin distro.
>
>The one from sh-utils-2.0-3 seems to be none functional.
>
>05:23 PM [513]> uptime
>uptime: couldn't get boot time: Bad file descriptor
>
>The one in procps-010801-2 works for me.

Very strange.  I specifically removed uptime.exe in my postinstall process
but it was definitely there.  When I reran the build it disappeared.

I've uploaded a new version of sh-utils based on the port available
at alpha.gnu.org.  It removes uptime.exe but that means that uptime.exe
will be completely gone from your system after updating to this version
of sh-utils.

I wonder if Chris January would mind either making a new release of
procps or bumping up the release number on the current one?  That would
probably just require renaming the bin tarball and repackaging the source
tarball.

Once that number is bumped, people will get uptime automatically.

cgf