Re: Seeking cygdaemon maintainers...

> Never happen.  the cygwin-daemon is and will be strongly coupled to the
> cygwin DLL.  (even if it weren't, tho, it is still released under the
> cygwin/GPL license, "viral" components and all.)
GPL not LGPL?

Well - what's the cygwin-daemon actually supposed to do?  if it's just the
SYSV ipc layer... I don't see there's any reason at all to use anything from
the cygwin library...

> Nope.  The cygipc library as written uses cygwin calls.  Therefore, it
> requires the cygwin DLL.  Sure, the underlying IPC semantics are native
> windows, but cygipc uses cygwin code to help wrap the MSWIN ipc stuff
> into a POSIX-style interface.

I compile the cygipc library without even GCC... so it certainly doesn't
require anything as is from the cygwin library...

I might note there is nothing in the MSWIN ipc libraries which even vaguely
resembles the message queues... not even constructing atoms and using
postthreadmessage... since atoms are limited to 255 ascii characters
(terminating '\0' and all)

Jim