Re: [patch] Help Option

Max Bowsher wrote:
Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com> wrote:

Max Bowsher wrote:

Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com> wrote:

That depends on how it's coded.  The -mwindows switch alone doesn't
cause the abscense of stdio.
I couldn't get your foo.c to produce any output in a cmd shell. (It
does in a Cygwin shell)
Now, that's strange, try this on for size:

foo 2> err > out
type out
type err

Works for me. How odd!

I've tried various Win32 API and can get cmd.exe to display the text but not redirect it and the Cygwin shells don't want to display it either using WriteConsole. WriteFile works the same as the printf and fprintf I originally had. Perhaps a combination of -mconsole -lgdi32 would help. Max, could you give that a try with setup to see what ill effects it may have?

Earnie.