Uncompilable setup.exe... again

Hello,

I'm trying to compile setup.exe under cygwin (CVS tag: cygwin-1-3-12-1;
Host: Windows 2000 Professional Ver 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2). I followed
the instruction of the page http://www.cygwin.com/cvs.html to get the latest
versions of setup (among others...). Since my version of gcc is 2.95.3-5,
the first answer of Mr. Max Bowsher (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-11/msg00131.html)
to this question I've put yesterday doesn't fit to my situation... I'm completely
lost, and thus I just can't carry on my diploma work, just because of not
beeing able to compile the original version of a program (setup.exe in my
case) ¦-((

Would someone be kind enough to help me compiling this stuff, step by step
if possible ??? As I've already written on a ML (I don't know anymore whether
it was on cygwin's or rpm's one), I will publish my work (ie porting RPM-4.1
onto Cygwin and provide a new way of installing cygwin apps). Without knowing
how to deal with the compilation of setup.exe, I just can't go on...

Thanks very much in advance

Yann Crausaz

PS : Is there a place where I could find the different patches to be applied
to setup.exe for its compilation to be possible ?
Yann Crausaz
EIVD - University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland
Route de Cheseaux 1
1400 Yverdon-les-Bains
Switzerland
mailto:yann.crausaz@eivd.ch