Re: init and agetty packages available for review/upload.

Corinna -- please add a skip: command to sysvinit's setup.hint (and give me write perms on the file). We don't want sysvinit to appear in setup.ini until after I've uploaded the new version of cygutils, since there is a conflict over the last and utmpdump commands.

I'll be uploading a new version of cygutils that does not have those files later today, and I'll remove the skip: command at that time.

> You should have permissions to do this already, Chuck.

Nope -- I wouldn't have asked if I did. But its obviously too late now, its already been replicated to the mirrors.

-rw-rw-r-- 1 corinna cygnus 414 Nov 10 07:40 setup.hint

[cwilson@sourceware sysvinit]$ groups
cygwin src cygwin-apps

I'm not a member of the cygnus group.

In any case, I'll be uploading a new cygutils without last.exe and utmpdump.exe soon. Folks who have already installed sysvinit will have to reinstall it after upgrading cygutils. I tried. Sigh.

BTW, I had found that the following was necessary in cygutil's postinstall script when I added last and utmpdump to cygutils. Now that those programs are in sysvinit, sysvinit's /etc/postinstall script should contain these commands (that's /etc/postinstall/sysvinit.sh, not /usr/bin/init-config):

#!/bin/sh
if [ ! -d /var/run ] ; then \
mkdir -p /var/run ;
fi