Re: xerces-c, xerces-c-devel, xerces-c-doc 2.1.0-2 available forreview/upload

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 04:18, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I don't recall people bumping the -x numbers previously.  I don't see
> why that's necessary.  Theoretically, we are a small enough and
> intelligent enough group that we won't be confused when the contents of
> a file are updated without updating the file version.
>
> I think, in general, a new cygwin package should start out with a -1.
> It's hardly worth starting a long discussion about but, IMO, the -x
> numbers are incremented when there is a new cygwin release not when
> someone is providing packages for review.
>
> cgf

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2001-08/msg00061.html

I don't care enough to argue, this is my last message on the subject.
I've already stated my position, that not bumping the numbers during the
package and repackage cycle will lead to confusion (IIRC it has once
already). However, as Pavel is doing an excellent job with tracking what
is pending and uploading 'stuff', my opinion is just that.

Rob
--
---
GPG key available at: http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt.