Re: use of DLL without Cygwin/shell environment

Wrong list, redirected. Please remove cygwin-apps@cygwin.com from the distribution when responding.

gilles BOURGEOIS wrote:
hello, from france,
(newbie using cygwin), i am wondering about how I could use the DLL API *directly* without prompting with the starting x terminal (bash commands)
The fact is I want to use this DLL in order to create a UNIX-C compilation process(makefile + gcc), but I do not want the end-user to enter the CYGWIN/Shell terminal and prompt for "make" and others unix command.
let say this user is a windows one, and it does know anything about the unix world.
so I wish I could develop a quick graphical front end, which offers the compilation functionnalities (configuration and launch tool) just with the help of mouse clicks, since this functionnality is running under the CYGWIN.DLL API (the user not even know he is using cygwin...).
Thanks for any help.
gilles