Re: Doxygen

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 10:40:18AM +0200, Pavel Tsekov wrote:
>On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Ryunosuke Satoh wrote:
>The way you're doing it now, again IMO, will spread confusion to anyone
>who is using the source package.
>
>>I think if I'm a VC++ user on Windows, When I want to compile doxygen,
>>I must setup libpng and qt library and ......, It's a troublesome.  I
>>expec that This is the reason is why doxygen soruce include libpng and
>>qt library.
>
>Well, you choose to be a port maintainer :) Then maintain it! :)
>
>Anyway, I am saying it again - it is not a showstopper...  but it would
>be nice to have it linked against the dll.  It'll save some space and
>also will utilize the work of other peoples which spent time on portin
>libpng to Cygwin and made it possible to build it as dll.

Actually, I'm not sure if I agree that it is not a show stopper.  Perhaps
this problem isn't but the twice mention of VC++ and the inability to
make changes required to get this working properly with cygwin packages
seems to indicate that there is some more learning required here.

So, I'm vetoing this package until these problems are solved.  I don't
feel comfortable that the maintainer has the necessary technical expertise
to support it yet.

cgf