setup HEAD (2.278) defaults to older packages

On the dialogs I choose:
Download Source:     Download from Internet OR Install from Internet
Local package dir:   C:\cygdist
Internet Connection: Direct Connection
Download Site:       ftp://archive.progeny.com

Now when the Chooser window comes up, I click on Base, and I see

ash:     20020131-1
bash:    2.05b-4
cygwin:  1.3.10-1

Despite the fact that the setup.ini says the current versions are:

ash:     20020731-1
bash:    2.05b-5
cygwin:  1.3.12-4

I can get at the latest version by clicking a few times, but shouldn't it
default to the latest packages?

I get the latest versions by default if I use version 2.249.2.5.

Bug, or intentional?

                                -Len