RE: And one more package, astyle Re: New Package: doxygen-1.2.17

> ...where are all the subscribers of this list?  How should we ever
> get enough positive votes for a package if nobody cares?

...and...

> Please note, *all* maintainers are welcome to give his/her voice for
> a new package.

What about non-maintainers?  I'd be perfectly happy to try out packages
(I've used doxygen before, and ELFIO just looks neat.)  I've not done
so in the past because I didn't think that my vote would be considered,
and I'm not really sure what I would need to do in order to give a
worthwhile evaluation (just install the binary package & run?  Check
on install locations?  Look for missing files? Run a test suite?  Try
to build from source?)

If you are willing to count votes from non-maintainers, then some
guidelines for how to do an evaluation would be useful.  A fairly
simple and straightforward checklist to follow would probably be
enough for most folks to work off of.

-Samrobb