Re: Problem with cron and cygdrive-prefix

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:21:12 +0200 Ralf Habacker <Ralf.Habacker@freenet.de> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I like to use cron on an winnt server for automatisation purposes and
> got a
> problem with the cygdrive-prefix.
>
> Mount says the following:
>
> $ mount
> E:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
> E:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
> E:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
> c: on /c type user (binmode,noumount)
> e: on /e type user (binmode,noumount)
> f: on /f type user (binmode,noumount)
> g: on /g type user (binmode,noumount)
> h: on /h type user (binmode,noumount)
> z: on /z type user (binmode,noumount)
>

> Now I've added a cronjob like this (The path is valid)
>
> $ crontab -l
> * * * * * ls /g/Sicherungen/ -l
>
> after waiting a minute cron sends a mail with an error message
>
> ls: /g/Sicherungen/: No such file or directory
>
> Looking in the header of the mail shows, what goes wrong.
> The cygdrive prefix seems to be ignored in the PATH statement. (see
> below)
>
> Adding /cygdrive to the crontab works
>
> $ crontab -l
> * * * * * ls /cygdrive/g/Sicherungen/ -l
>
> Any idea, what is going wrong ?

Cron is probably running in user System.  Since the /x mount points were
created in your user account, they are not visible to processes running in
System.

Your best bet is to umount the /x mount points and re-mount them as systm
mount points.
--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html